Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Backstage Pass from Milwaukee, WI ~ April 30, 2014

What a grand evening! Roger was in fine voice and the crowd was absolutely mesmerized seeing him and the orchestra performing in this intimate setting. The sold out show was beyond anyone's expectations, with the fine musicians of the Milwaukee symphony orchestra performing behind Roger and his band.

The promoter said he heard several people say that they sounded just like the original recording. He also told us that the show was "explosive" and that he thought people didn’t expect it to be SO powerful...and when the orchestra really kicked in, the audience was like "holy cow!”

Fans came from literally around the world tonight, with many planning to come to all four shows, and it was like a reunion of sorts with fans who had met each other at previous shows and in some cases have become good friends. In fact, some told us they have been Facebook friends for years and were finally able to meet in person tonight.

Don't wait to get tickets for the remaining shows! These will be the only orchestra shows in the US this year! Less than 35 tickets remain for the May 1 show and three tickets remain for May 2. Get them now at http://www.ticketmaster.com/Roger-Hodgson-tickets/artist/735283. The May 3 show is sold out.

We can't wait to do it again tomorrow!
Linda and Shakti

COMMENTS

[ Posted by maria, May 01, 2014 3:32 ]
     It's like when they abrades a diamond. Each show is as a new furrow, which adds limpidity Roger´s voice and fanning the love with which he touch of hearts of his listeners. It is only natural that this love then spreads as a searing fire and connect all who yearn for her. What the world of today needs more ?

God bless every your effort!
maria

[ Posted by Cole, May 01, 2014 6:42 ]
     I love it all, and how does one chose such things, but glad to see "Lord is it Mine" and "Only Because of You" on the setlist.

Cole

[ Posted by Paul Owen, May 01, 2014 11:55 ]
     My wife surprised me for tonight show, it is my B-day today, best one I have ever had! We are still spinning vinyl of all his records and our kids love it! My wife Kelli is the best wife and best friend I could ever have.
Paul

[ Posted by Fred, May 01, 2014 12:41 ]
     Wow, reading this commentary adds to the excitement already in me. I have waited for this all my life, having been a fan of Rogers since my teen years and now at 50. I don't follow most careers but Roger is my favorite and I said if I ever get the chance...well at this point it's here. I am bringing my wife of 29 years for our anniversary and she has been a huge fan through the years. It was a prenuptial. I introduced Roger's music to some friends and asked if they want to go. With a resounding yes our small group was formed for our anniversary celebration. I pray Roger is feeling well and knows how much we care about him. See you there!!

[ Posted by Cole, May 01, 2014 16:47 ]
     Fred, happy anniversary. You didn't say when you and your group are going! I and taking my mother to the Saturday show, section C8. Hope to see you there. We're all more than a bit biased here, but you won't be disappointed.

JS from the Ravinia show. You told me you were from Wisconsin. I hope all three generations of your family will be attending and hope to see you there too.

[ Posted by Fred, May 02, 2014 5:30 ]
     Thank Cole, that was very nice! We attended last evenings show and Roger's play list included my 4 main titles I was hoping for along with a couple of treats such as Along Came Mary, which is my wife's absolute favorite. Have a great time Saturday with mom, I wish I could be there as well. When I went for tickets it sold out right away.