Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lord is it Mine

Child of Vision

Fool's Overture

Dreamer

*****

Give a Little Bit

COMMENTS

[ Posted by James Januszka, March 08, 2012 2:18 ]
     Phenomenal show Roger in Hollywood, FL! After 12 concerts seeing you live, I finally got to hear Child of Vison! Brilliant version. I was amazed by this version. Hide in Your Shelll made me feel like this should have been the last song since it felt like an encore song very early into your concert. I couldn't believe howi intense and great this version was. Fool's Overture was equally amazing. Vocals were pristine during ths version. It was also great to see you afte the show! You are such a gracious, loving and ejoyable person to be around. Thanks to Linda and Shakti as well for arrangiing the evening for me, my wife and friend. They loved the show as well!

Thanks for such enjoyable memories!

Jim Januszka

[ Posted by Caroline, March 08, 2012 10:53 ]
     Thank you Roger. I spent the three first songs just crying from being so happy to be listening to you.
Please come back soon!

[ Posted by walt andersen, March 08, 2012 16:06 ]
     I last seen you play in 1977 in new york city!!! CAN'T WAIT to see you again in rhode island in aug-2012!!!! i hope to meet and greet you--ur amazing---walt andersen

[ Posted by James Januszka, March 08, 2012 21:10 ]
     Phenomenal show Roger Hodgson put on last night at the Semnole Hard Rock Casino in Hollywood, FL! He and his band were incredible as they went through an emotionally charged set of songs. My Canadian friends told me over the years when we saw Roger up at Casino Rama that they wish Roger would play with a band because his songs would be even more powerful. Were they ever! This I believe was the best display of music yet from Roger! Aaron McDonald his multi-instrument Sax player was amazing as well. The rest of the band were up to the high standards of a Roger Hodgson concert. As I waited for my wife to meet me at the venue, I felt almost like I was back in Canada. I couldn't get enough of Roger talk with my friend Bill, my new fan buddy Tom, and his sweet girlfriend Mariana. Great time with them at the Hard Rock Cafe!

Here was the setlist:

1. Take the Long Way Home - Even more amazing with the band!
2. School - This song was so emotional and intense. Best version yet!
3. In Jeapordy - Great to hear this wonderful deep message song. Brilliantly performed.
4. Lovers in the Wind - Sweet and beautiful version.
5. Hide in Your Shell - So emotinally powerpacked. I felt filled up and could have ended this as the encore and left. Amazing with the band adding the intensity even further.
6. Sister Moonshine - Sweet song with a deep message treading lightly.
7. Breakfast in America - I was again amazed how much the band added to this song! It had me rocking as hard as School, In Jeopardy and Hide in Your Shell before it. His story of his dreaming of coming to America was entertaining as was his stories and banter on other songs.
8. Along Came Mary - A beauiful song that Roger sung and played to perfection.
9. Logical Song - Great version with Roger's story of searching for meaning.
10. Lord is it Mine? - An emotionally spiritual song played in full without the deep spiritual song Only Because of You.
11. Child of Vision - Finally after 11 Roger concerts of not hearing this song, the wait is now over! Incredible song and version! Roger and band were terrific!
12. Fool's Overture - Song is always incredible, but extra special with a band!
13. Dreamer - This song made me a Supertramp/Roger fan. Great song that closed the show. Roger encouraged fans to come up to the stage.
14. Give a Little Bit - Encore that let everone leave with a smile on their faces.

Roger also added a lot of sound effects and overdubs of his vocals to this electrified high volume emotionally powerpacked concert!

After the concert that we really enjoyed, I was able to go backstage with my wife and friends thanks to Roger's amazing managers Linda and Shakti. It was great to see and talk to Roger. I was happy to tell Roger finally how much Hide In Your Shell song has meant to me. He is such a gracious and loving person. We hugged and had pictures taken. Incredible evening!

[ Posted by Rich Nelson, March 09, 2012 7:37 ]
     Hi,

I wasn't at this show but have noticed set lists from this tour ranging from 14-20 songs. 14 seems a bit light for the price of tickets but nobody who went on the 7th of March seems to be complaining. Perhaps it has less to do with Roger and more to do with the facilities policies. Hoping for a long set list in Rhode Island later in August.

[ Posted by Randy H, March 12, 2012 20:24 ]
     Last time I saw the Band was 1983- Famous Last Words Tour in Cleveland. Loved the interaction and stories behind the songs. Aaron was spot on. Hope you come back soon.